Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com> on 2005/10/01 03:14:42 UTC

Java Source Cross-Reference

    Is there a source cross-reference tool in Java out there that I
    can use as part of an Ant build? The only one I now if is
    Maven's tool that comes with Jetty.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/

Re: Java Source Cross-Reference

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.
* Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com> [2005-10-03 14:53]:
> There's also http://www.vaegar.f9.co.uk/
>
> Extract: Java2HTML is a simple-to-use tool which converts a bunch of
> Java Source Code into a colourized and browsable HTML representation.
> --DD
>
> PS: I haven't used Maven's xref (JXR). Is it downloadable on its own
> anywhere Brett?

Extract:

This grant of license gives the right to use the software on your
computer. You may not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer
this software, and you may not create derivative works of the this
software. You may modify, translate or adapt the generated HTML
code. You are not granted any right, title, or interest in the the
software except the right to use it in accordance with this
Agreement.

Feh.

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.
* Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> [2005-10-04 04:40]:
> I don't think so (actually I've not tried, but I don't remember anyone
> implementing it), but with the source available you are free to add it
> :)

    Nice try. ;)

    Just curious. I'm at 1.4 and it seemed to work fine for that. :)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
If you want the real story on Doxygen and its features and shortcomings,
you might want to visit the forum. doxygen-users@lists.sourceforge.net

I had no trouble installing it on Windows. I integrated it into Eclipse
with the eclox plug-in to give me a platform independent interface.

I am sure that someone has resolved the cross platform issues with Ant.
I suppose you have to guage how many platforms you need to actually
support - there are getting to be fewer and fewer as time goes by.

I have never seen the code source hyperlinked together. Sounds like a
useful feature if your classes are large and naming conventions not very
easy to follow.

I am using it with ActionScript and it works pretty well but would
benefit from a pre-processor to rearrange some of the Actionscript
peculiarities.

I like the flexibility of JavaDoc tagging.

Good luck with your search.

Ron

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Doesn't Doxygen do the same thing plus give you class diagrams all in
HTML or other formats?
All with active deveopment and an active forum.

Ron

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.
* Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> [2005-09-30 21:23]:
> Are you looking for capabilities other than what the Maven xref (JXR)
> provides, or the ability to use it outside of Maven? The library is
> now separate and could trivially be wrapped in an Ant task.

    Thank you.

    Last time I needed a cross-referencer, that's what I did.

    Wondering if there were alternatives that were Ant tasks
    already, maybe therew was project focused on on the task of
    cross-referencing, there's a lot you could do with it.

    Again, thank you. I'll go find that Ant task I wrote and use it.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.