Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@synctank.com> on 2000/05/27 05:20:35 UTC

Just wash that Paul right out of your mail

Just added a delete filter to my mail for contains "derbyshire@globalserve.net"

Peace Finally

No offense, but I was running out of disk space

Re: Just wash that Paul right out of your mail

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:56:13PM -0400, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> At 04:40 AM 5/29/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi! For your information:
> >Mr. Derbyshire was kicked out from several lists (two kde-relateded ones and
> >some other) after massive disregarding of the netiquette.
> >Seems like he doesn't learn...
> Posting nasty gossip and rumormongering isn't very good netiquette, Mr.
> Scheuner. Particularly when it consists of lies and half-truths.

Indeed it isn't. People, can we *please* keep things at least
civil? Cocoon-users is not the place for flamewars, and it's
certainly not the place for public retribution.

If you feel the need to filter someone out of your e-mail, then
that's fine (and certainly better than flaming them), but please
resist the temptation to start advertising the fact?

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

RE: Just wash that Paul right out of your mail

Posted by Paul Derbyshire <de...@globalserve.net>.
At 04:40 AM 5/29/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi! For your information:
>
>Mr. Derbyshire was kicked out from several lists (two kde-relateded ones and
>some other) after massive disregarding of the netiquette.
>
>Seems like he doesn't learn...

Posting nasty gossip and rumormongering isn't very good netiquette, Mr.
Scheuner. Particularly when it consists of lies and half-truths.
--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a

RE: Just wash that Paul right out of your mail

Posted by Michael Scheuner <sc...@cos-data.de>.
Hi! For your information:

Mr. Derbyshire was kicked out from several lists (two kde-relateded ones and
some other) after massive disregarding of the netiquette.

Seems like he doesn't learn...

Michael

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Russell Castagnaro wrote:

> Just added a delete filter to my mail for contains "derbyshire@globalserve.net"
>
> Peace Finally
>
> No offense, but I was running out of disk space

This is _very_ rude, Russell.

Two negative feelings don't make a positive one.

I totally understand your feelings against "strident" emails and it's
your own right to like or dislike someone you meet in your life, even on
a mail list, but you can't make such comment without offending.

Would you like something like this to happen to you?

Would you like me to filter out all your emails because I found this a
little over the line?

We don't filter anyone. This is an open community. If something is
wrong, we try to fix it, both in code, in docs and in human resources.
And if this can't be done, the _very_ last resource is ignoring the
offending guy/girl.

Ok, let's stop this right now.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.