Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Federspiel <ch...@federspiel.org> on 2005/04/28 03:42:45 UTC

context path is always name of context file

I am using tomcat5.5.9 and set up my apache connector to route /apps/* to tomcat.
The problem is I can't deploy any applications to a context path under /apps/.
For example: /apps/jsp-examples

So that this url would work (direct to tomcat)
myserver.com:8080/apps/jsp-examples
or the more friendly (through apache connector)
myserver.com/apps/jsp-examples

If I set up $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/foo.xml with a context path of "/apps/jsp-examples"
The app is deployed using the name of the xml file: "foo"

Why is it deploying based on the file name rather than the specified
I have automatic deployment turned off and the distribution has been moved out of the webapps folder.

Any help would be appreciated.  Below are the contents of my foo.xml file.

thanks
chuck

<!--
        blah blah blah

-->
<Context path="/apps/jsp-examples" docBase="${catalina.home}/apache-apps/jsp-examples">

</Context>