Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dan Ochs <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/05 21:57:27 UTC

how to add a Select All to a cform fd:multivaluefield element?

Hi, I am new to cocoon forms and am trying to figure out the best way
to add a select all/none link into a multivaluefield element.  So far
I have tried to detect the checkbox click with a fd:on-value-changed
element in the fd:field element, but that doesn't seem to be working.
Does anyone know the best way to implement this?  I'm assuming I can
figure out how to create a select all/none link, but I'm not sure how
I would hook it into the multivaluefield element.  The field
definition code I have so far is below, the on-value-changed is not
working as far as I can see...

any help is appreciated!
thanks, dan

<fd:multivaluefield id="myTypes">
	<fd:label/>
	<fd:datatype base="string"/>
	<fd:validation>
		<fd:value-count min="1"/>
	</fd:validation>
	<fd:on-value-changed>alert('gothere');</fd:on-value-changed>
	<fd:selection-list>
		<fd:item value="value1">
			<fd:label>Label 1</fd:label>
		</fd:item>
		<fd:item value="value2">
			<fd:label>Label 2</fd:label>
		</fd:item>
		<fd:item value="value3">
			<fd:label>Label 3</fd:label>
		</fd:item>
	</fd:selection-list>
</fd:multivaluefield>

Re: how to add a Select All to a cocoon forms table?

Posted by Dan Ochs <da...@gmail.com>.
ahhh, yes I was confused and now have it working!
thanks!
dan

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

Re: how to add a Select All to a cform fd:multivaluefield element?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net>.
Hi Dan,

On 2005-07-05 12:57:27 -0700, Dan Ochs <da...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi, I am new to cocoon forms and am trying to figure out the best way
> to add a select all/none link into a multivaluefield element.  So far
> I have tried to detect the checkbox click with a fd:on-value-changed
> element in the fd:field element, but that doesn't seem to be working.
> Does anyone know the best way to implement this?
>
> Hmmm, what does "on-value-changed" have to do with adding a "select
> all/none link"?

I'm assuming I can
> figure out how to create a select all/none link, but I'm not sure how
> I would hook it into the multivaluefield element.  The field
> definition code I have so far is below, the on-value-changed is not
> working as far as I can see...
>
> any help is appreciated!
> thanks, dan
>
> <fd:multivaluefield id="myTypes">
> 	<fd:label/>
> 	<fd:datatype base="string"/>
> 	<fd:validation>
> 		<fd:value-count min="1"/>
> 	</fd:validation>
> 	<fd:on-value-changed>alert('gothere');</fd:on-value-changed>
>
> alert()!?!?  <fd:on-value-changed> is a server-side thing! :-)

Anyway... for your select all / clear all feature, I would do it
client-side.  Both for performance reasons, and also... form controls
that only affect other controls IMHO don't belong in the CForms form
definition.  It's hard to explain why — I'm having a Bad Brain Day here
—  but... they just don't! :-)  The CForms Form should have only stuff
that the biz model cares about, or that the controller needs (e.g.
<submit> and <action>).  Can you dig on that?  I hope so 'cause I can't
explain it any better right now... :-/

Cheers,
—ml—