Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2015/12/17 19:43:40 UTC

removing OrderedPropertyIndex

Hello team,

as part of OAK-3768 I removed the code of the long time deprecated
OrderedIndex and replaced it with a WARN at log level every 10000
operations.

Additionally I made the two Providers: Editor and Query with a
ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE which will automatically stop them in an
OSGi environment. So no tracking will happen at all. The index won't be
used if there.

While I think it's a good option for the query side as the provider
won't be used for each query, on the Editor side it could actually be a
good option to have it still active. The current code will only track if
there're any `type=ordered` in place.

Shall I leave it with a ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE or turn it back to
active by default?

Thoughts?

Cheers
Davide

Re: removing OrderedPropertyIndex

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think you need to let the Editor be active by default:
* first: disabling it will render the entire 'warn every 10k operations'
moot
* second: this combined with OAK-3642 will create some unpleasant situations

best,
alex