Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Baron <d_...@012.net.il> on 2006/05/08 14:39:29 UTC

Spamassassin spamming system?

Not really, but lots of nice instances are really bogging down the system when
a lot of emails are being processed. They are run nice 15. How might I reduce
this problem?

Using a debian Sid, exim4, mail retrieved by fetchmail. Spamassassin and clamd
run through procmail.

Re: Spamassassin spamming system?

Posted by David Baron <d_...@012.net.il>.
On Monday 08 May 2006 17:06, Richard Collyer wrote:
> David Baron wrote:
> > Not really, but lots of nice instances are really bogging down the system
> > when a lot of emails are being processed. They are run nice 15. How might
> > I reduce this problem?
> >
> > Using a debian Sid, exim4, mail retrieved by fetchmail. Spamassassin and
> > clamd run through procmail.
>
> spamassassin -D < message.msg
>
> Look at the debug and see if it hangs anywhere...i.e. pauses while the
> output is running.

No hang up but it does load a lot of plugins. If all this stuff must be loaded
for each message, this could bog things down, 'twould seem.

Re: Spamassassin spamming system?

Posted by Richard Collyer <ri...@firebadger.net>.
David Baron wrote:
> Not really, but lots of nice instances are really bogging down the system when
> a lot of emails are being processed. They are run nice 15. How might I reduce
> this problem?
>
> Using a debian Sid, exim4, mail retrieved by fetchmail. Spamassassin and clamd
> run through procmail.

spamassassin -D < message.msg

Look at the debug and see if it hangs anywhere...i.e. pauses while the
output is running.

Cheers
Richard