Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/25 23:04:55 UTC

weird problem tag.

Hi All,

    In .jsp file, I'm having following code which is using <s:iterator> tag.

   <s:iterator value="userCommentsList" id="usercomment">

  <s:if test="%{deploymentVersion !='All'}">
  </s:if>
 </s:iterator>

   The <s:iterator> tag is showing properties values(projectNm, subject,comments)correctly. 'deploymentVersion' property is not a member of  'usercomment' and when it is having value 'All' still it is displaying '#usercomment.closingDate' value. I think that it is not validating <s:if> condition correctly inside <s:iterator>. If I move this condition outside of <s:iterator> it is working as expected.

   Please let me know, how to validate the properties which are not member of <s:iterator> value.

Thanks,Sharath.

RE: weird problem tag.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
agree that should work...

<s:if test="deploymentVersion != 'All'">
    <s:set name="title" value="%{'Deployment Version is NOT ALL'}"/>
</s:if>
<s:else>
    <s:set name="title" value="%{'Deployment Version is ALL'}"/>
</s:else>

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.1/docs/crud-demo-i.html

(another alternative is to push <OGNL> value into a property and then test the value of the property)

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:12:44 +0200
> From: lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org; karnatis@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: weird problem <s:iterator> tag.
>
> >   <s:if test="%{deploymentVersion !='All'}">
>
> Maybe use <s:if/> tag instead?
> http://struts.apache.org/2.1.2/docs/if.html
>

> Regards
> --
> Lukasz
> http://www.lenart.org.pl/

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving

Re: weird problem tag.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: weird problem tag.

Posted by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Pawel,

   Don't know how it is working for you. I'm also having similar environment and having this problem.

   I fixed this issue using top for 'deploymentVersion'.

Thanks,
Sharath.

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sarath,

    }

    public String getDeploymentVersion() {
        return "All";
    }

this is content of my test.jsp
Test:<br>
<s:iterator value="myList" id="entr">
	entry: <s:property value="entr"/>, <s:property value="length()"/>
	<s:if test="deploymentVersion != 'All'">
		not equal
	</s:if>

Re: weird problem tag.

Posted by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com>.
I'm able to fix this problem using 'top'

Thanks,
Sharath.

Re: weird problem tag.

Posted by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com>.