Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Joshua A. Ceaser" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/29 17:11:45 UTC

Help Using Nutch

Hello my name is Joshua Ceaser. I have been using Nutch 1.0 for over a year
and I'm trying to transition to 1.3. Can anyone help me understand some of
the changes and where things should go? Also the documentation is a bit
sparse for 1.3 is there any books or really good detailed tutorials?

Thanks.

Joshua A. Ceaser

--
twitter.com/jceaser <http://www.twitter.com/jceaser>
nightfeed.com | nightlife ratings, reviews, recommendations, and more!

Re: Help Using Nutch

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi,

Well, the most obvious is reading the change log [1] from 1.0 to 1.3. Pay
extra attention to 837 and 948. Search is now delegated to Solr. If you must
use old Nutch' search then upgrade to 1.2.

The wiki now has updated docs on 1.3 thanks to Lewis but may not be enough for
you. There are no books but the net has a couple of tutorials here and there.

[1]: http://www.apache.org/dist/nutch/CHANGES-1.3.txt

Cheers,