Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony LaPaso <tl...@attbi.com> on 2002/08/19 22:06:43 UTC

?? Tomcat and System.out ??

Hello all,

I'm using TC 4.1.9 on Win 2k.

I know in the past (earlier versions of TC) I could send output
to System.out and/or System.err and it would show up in the
console window where TC was running. It seems this output is
either being ignored now or perhaps being buffered.

Is there a way (in TC 4.1.9) to get System.out data to appear in
the console?

Thanks very much...

Tony

Re: ?? Tomcat and System.out ??

Posted by Tony LaPaso <tl...@attbi.com>.
YEP!

Thanks!

Posted by Ekkehard Gentz <ek...@gentz-software.de>.
hi tony,

RE: ?? Tomcat and System.out ??

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
That's not 100% true, the older drivers don't do any kind of
pooling.  Newer JDBC drivers (2.0+) do usually provide pooling,
but I don't know if it's a requirement in the JDBC spec or an
optional JDBC thing to implement.  But even still I've found
that Oracle's JDBC pooling caused me some problems so I use
poolman instead.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

mySql - Connector/J - connection pooling?

Posted by neal <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I recently read that Java presumes the JDBC drivers will provide connection
pooling, and thus java and most app servers do not provide this
functionality.

Does anyone know off hand if the mySQL drivers (Connector/J in particular)

RE: ?? Tomcat and System.out ??