Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by gbarbosa <gb...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/18 17:41:07 UTC

Uncaught TypeError: this.mx_rpc_remoting_mxml_RemoteObject_document.willTrigger is not a function

Hi Royale Team,

Currently migrating from flex to royale and trying to poc amf communication.
I couldn't find any info on this error and since it's erroring out in sdk
code I thought I'd post here.

Here's the stack trace from the browser:

Uncaught TypeError:
this.mx_rpc_remoting_mxml_RemoteObject_document.willTrigger is not a
function
RemoteObject.js:72:108
    dispatchEvent
https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/remoting/mxml/RemoteObject.js:72
    http_$$www_adobe_com$2006$flex$mx$internal__dispatchRpcEvent
https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/AbstractOperation.js:119
    mx_rpc_AsyncDispatcher_timerEventHandler
https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/AsyncDispatcher.js:40
    fireListeners
https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/events/EventDispatcher.js:97
    dispatchEventInternal_
https://dev.local/royale/library/closure/goog/events/eventtarget.js:382
    dispatchEvent
https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/events/EventDispatcher.js:72
    org_apache_royale_utils_Timer_timerHandler
https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/utils/Timer.js:114

I looked in the rpc/remoting/mxml/RemoteObject.as file and I saw it's using
document. I know in the docs it said royale would be using component not
sure if that applies to sdk code.

I also saw a commit in 2018 that had willTrigger for the swf compilation,
but no such function for the js compilation. I'm still learning flex and as3
so apologies if these guesses are way off.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-GB

​

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Uncaught TypeError: this.mx_rpc_remoting_mxml_RemoteObject_document.willTrigger is not a function

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thanks for the report. Unfortunately, in my case I never saw that error
before. Did you get a basic communication? or is your first attemp?
If not I recommend you to start from scratch with very basic things like
call a java method and then if success, return a string, and things like
that.
Then as you get it working go further. Then as you go complex, if you still
find this issue, please let us know, but by that time you'll probably will
share more info so we can know better how to help to solve this problem.

thanks

El jue, 18 feb 2021 a las 18:41, gbarbosa (<gb...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Royale Team,
>
> Currently migrating from flex to royale and trying to poc amf
> communication.
> I couldn't find any info on this error and since it's erroring out in sdk
> code I thought I'd post here.
>
> Here's the stack trace from the browser:
>
> Uncaught TypeError:
> this.mx_rpc_remoting_mxml_RemoteObject_document.willTrigger is not a
> function
> RemoteObject.js:72:108
>     dispatchEvent
> https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/remoting/mxml/RemoteObject.js:72
>     http_$$www_adobe_com$2006$flex$mx$internal__dispatchRpcEvent
> https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/AbstractOperation.js:119
>     mx_rpc_AsyncDispatcher_timerEventHandler
> https://dev.local/royale/mx/rpc/AsyncDispatcher.js:40
>     fireListeners
> https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/events/EventDispatcher.js:97
>     dispatchEventInternal_
> https://dev.local/royale/library/closure/goog/events/eventtarget.js:382
>     dispatchEvent
> https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/events/EventDispatcher.js:72
>     org_apache_royale_utils_Timer_timerHandler
> https://dev.local/royale/org/apache/royale/utils/Timer.js:114
>
> I looked in the rpc/remoting/mxml/RemoteObject.as file and I saw it's using
> document. I know in the docs it said royale would be using component not
> sure if that applies to sdk code.
>
> I also saw a commit in 2018 that had willTrigger for the swf compilation,
> but no such function for the js compilation. I'm still learning flex and
> as3
> so apologies if these guesses are way off.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> -GB
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/