Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by kishore g <g....@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 19:05:08 UTC

Infinispan

Hi Alexandre,

One of the features we want to add in Helix is ability to span multiple
data centers. As you know we currently use zookeeper for that purpose.
Zookeeper quorum cant span across data centres.

I looked at infinispan and had few questions about it.

* It says it supports transactions so can we assume that data will always
be consistent? what kind of replication mechanism is used here.
* Can we plug in a persistence storage? will this impact the performance ?
* Does it support transaction across WAN? How is this work ?

I recently came across another in memory peer to peer system called
Hazelcast. It looks pretty good. Any comparison with Hazelcast?

thanks,
Kishore G