Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sahana Bhat <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/07 09:23:38 UTC

Regarding Hadoop Log Retention for Hadoop 0.20.2

Hi,

        We use Hadoop 0.20.2 version.The log4j.properties file has a
property *hadoop.tasklog.logsRetainHours *(mentioned as 24 hours by default)
* *which we have set to 12.Despite this property being set we still have
old userlogs in the system.Any idea why the attempt directories (that have
the syserr/sysout files) have not been cleaned up? Are we missing any other
configuration?

Any help on this topic would be great.

Regards,
Sahana

Re: Regarding Hadoop Log Retention for Hadoop 0.20.2

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I'm using CDH3 here and I do not see that option in my
log4j.properties. Probably something remaining from an older
mechanism?

Good to know the actual property worked for you.

--
Harsh J

Re: Regarding Hadoop Log Retention for Hadoop 0.20.2

Posted by Sahana Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vinod,

      Thanks for that info :).

Regards,