Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> on 2013/04/17 21:58:46 UTC

Article: 'How to Deploy Hadoop 2 (Yarn) on EC2'

I've posted an article on my website that details precisely how to deploy Hadoop 2.0 with Yarn on AWS (or least how I did it, whether or not such an approach will translate to others' circumstances).  I had been disappointed that most articles of this type described the process with much older versions of Hadoop or relied on tools like Whirr and I wanted to document and publish my method.  Perhaps others will find it useful.

I'm sure others more expert than myself will see opportunities to stream-line or otherwise improve the process.  I don't claim that my method is the best, merely that I actually got it to work!

http://www.keithwiley.com/writing/HowToDeployHadoopYarnOnEC2.shtml

Cheers!

                                           --  Yoda

Re: Article: 'How to Deploy Hadoop 2 (Yarn) on EC2'

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
This is great, Keith.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
This is great, Keith.