Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org> on 2003/01/08 16:05:43 UTC

Re: [mp2] config: directive missing closing '>'

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 00:56, Dmitri Tikhonov wrote:

> Hi,

Simply put, there is a small difference in behaviour (bug) in apache's
config parsing code. For now, just put
<Perl > instead of <Perl>

Apache assumes <> containers to always have a value argument, like in
<Foo /var>.

Will eventually be fixed though.

> I am in the process of converting to Apache2/mod_perl2.  My old httpd.conf
> file contains these lines (stuff in the middle omitted):

> 	LoadModule perl_module /usr/libexec/mod_perl.so
> 	<Perl>
> 	    $ServerAdmin = 'admin@'.`hostname`;
> 	</Perl>
>
> After LoadModule directive, I added this line:

> 	PerlRequire /etc/httpd/conf/startup.pl
>
> (taken straight from ./docs/user/config/config.pod of mod_perl
> distribution) and uncommented 'use Apache::compat' line.
>
> When I start apache, I see this error:

> [root@audrey conf]# /usr/sbin/httpd -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> Syntax error on line 90 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> <Perl> directive missing closing '>'
> [root@audrey conf]#
>
> I only found this recent thread  --
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@perl.apache.org/msg03485.html -- I think
> it talks about <Perl> directive support not being finished (?)  Is that
> correct?  Documentation on <Perl> section is empty
> (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_E_lt_PerlE_gt___Sections).
>
> I have no idea what's going on.  What am I missing?  Is there another set
> of documentation that explains this behavior?
>
> My setup: apache 2.0.43, mod_perl 1.99_07.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Dmitri.

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5
(122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107
88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.
perl
-e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'

Re: [mp2] config: directive missing closing '>'

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> i had hoped to release it already, but the few chances i've had
> over the past few weeks, current cvs was not working for me.
> i will shoot for releasing over this weekend.  any test reports
> posted here in the meantime would help a great deal.  linux,
> solaris, hpux, win32, macosx, etc., with different perl
> versions and flavors.  thanks.

On Win32, with an ActivePerl compatible 8xx build (based on
perl-5.8.0)  and Apache/2.0.43, cvs builds fine and all tests
pass.  I still have problems with it occasionally on perl-5.6.1
(ActivePerl 6xx build) - some tests cause "Out of Memory" errors
- but this seems a general problem (ie, not confined to any one
particular test), and since now ActivePerl 8xx is official,
perhaps this isn't a pressing problem ...

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [mp2] config: directive missing closing '>'

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
[...]

Posted by Dmitri Tikhonov <dm...@netilla.com>.

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>.
My apologies... Need to double-check what I say before I say it.

Posted by Dmitri Tikhonov <dm...@netilla.com>.

Posted by Dmitri Tikhonov <dm...@netilla.com>.