Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by neerajbhatt <ne...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/19 09:21:58 UTC

off heap and jvm tuning

Hello All

As per my understanding by default ignite 2.0 keeps all objects in off heap
by default
We have kept java heap as 8 GB for all machines in cluster

1. When we add or remove a node (Partitioned cached, with backup one) we see
that heap usage in one machine of cluster accordingly decreased and
increased.

Ideally if off heap is used, heap usage should not fluctuate when we
add/remove nodes in cluster

thanks

Re: off heap and jvm tuning

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Offheap mode mostly refers to the way the cache entries are stored.
There are many other parts of the product that rely on the Java heap like
any Java application.
In case of a node joining/leaving a topology, partition rebalancing process
will take place, which
inevitably will affect heap.

Kind regards,
Alex.