Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net> on 2006/09/05 00:41:19 UTC

JSR 283: hard links are back?

I see from the archives that hard links were removed from Jackrabbit
when they got removed from the JSR 170 spec.

The "Multiple Parent" requirement (Section 6.11), a/k/a hard links, is
back in the early draft of JSR 283.    Did hard links ever work in
Jackrabbit?   Could JR turn on its support for hard links in some future
release, or is this feature just a spec writer's pipe dream?

Am I right in assuming that this feature was considered too *nix-ish for
an MS-ish world?

Is the real world satisfied having only REFERENCE-based soft links to
mix:referenceables?

       -- Dan

Re: SORRY Re: JSR 283: hard links are NOT back

Posted by Peeter Piegaze <pe...@day.com>.
Hi Dan,

In JSR 283 we plan to support a feature very similar to hard links.
The Early Draft of 283 has been submited to the JCP and should be
publically available very soon, so you will be able to see for
yourself.

Cheers,
Peeter

Posted by Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net>.