Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 07:21:04 UTC

Deployment mode Javascript error

Hello users,

I am in the process of deploying a wicket site and found that the
cool scriptalicious effect I am using does not work when I am in
Deployment mode.  In the Safari console it shows:

SyntaxError: Parse error
http://www.blahblah.com/resources/
org.wicketstuff.scriptaculous.ScriptaculousAjaxBehavior/prototype.js
Line 3661

I guess this is due to some error in the compression?

Thanks,

John

Re: Deployment mode Javascript error

Posted by TH Lim <ss...@gmail.com>.
Why being not stripping the comments and whitespaces makes a difference in
Effect.js i.e.
getResourceSettings().setStripJavascriptCommentsAndWhitespace(false)?

Thanks.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
The easy solution is to disable javascript cleanup:

INIT:
getResourceSettings().setStripJavascriptCommentsAndWhitespace(false);

I have been too lazy to actually try to fix the problem, I'm afraid.

Frank