Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Renu Yadav <yr...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/07 10:33:50 UTC

Re: Updating spark-env.sh per application

  Hi Team,

Is it possible to override the variable of spark-env.sh on application
level ?

Thanks & Regards,
Renu Yadav

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Renu,

SPARK_DIST_CLASSPATH is specific to hadoop API and it is not part of
conf/spark-env.sh, although you can add to this file as per doc here
<https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/hadoop-provided.html>

However, two things will throw light into this

   1. Version of Spark you are using?
   2. What is the drive to modify this classpath within the app itself, can
   you add the jar file to spark-submit with classpath etc? It is not common
   to modify the env variables after spark job kicks in

HTH

   view my Linkedin profile

such loss, damage or destruction.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi,

The easiest (but perhaps not necessarily the most flexible) is simply to
use two different versions of spark-submit script with the env var set to
two different values. Have you tried it yet?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski