Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dalton, Michael D" <Mi...@nasa.gov> on 2004/02/13 17:02:48 UTC

ToDoList portlet problem upgrading to Tomcat 5 / JDK 1.4.2_03

Hey folks, I just upgraded our Jetspeed 1.4 server to Apache Tomcat/5.0.18 and JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 .

Got most things up and running, however, Cone's ToDoList (To Do List) portlet doesn't work again.  Under Tomcat 4 and JDK 1.3 I had it working using mySQL.  I've made no changes to my mySQL install / configuration.  All data tables are as they were before.

I also recompiled the ToDoList files under JDK 1.4.2.

Log shows:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
	Requested Action not found: com.cone.actions.portlets.todolist.ToDoListPortlet
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.cone, gov.nasa.ksc.portal.modules, org.apache.jetspeed.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.getInstance(ActionLoader.java:174)
	... etc ... etc

The cone portlet reference is set up in TurbineResources.properties:
module.packages=com.cone
module.packages=etc. etc.

And, this worked before.  Now, Jetspeed can't find them.  And yes, they are on the server in the same place as before.

Any ideas for a solution?

Michael.D.Dalton@nasa.gov
Internet Business Manager
Computing Systems Services Branch
Information Technology Directorate
IT-D3-A / CIF 394B
Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
(W) 321-861-2207 (F) 321-867-7133

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl>.
See for comments below...

-Stijn

Hey folks, I just upgraded our Jetspeed 1.4 server to Apache Tomcat/5.0.18
and JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 .

Got most things up and running, however, Cone's ToDoList (To Do List)
portlet doesn't work again.  Under Tomcat 4 and JDK 1.3 I had it working
using mySQL.  I've made no changes to my mySQL install / configuration.  All
data tables are as they were before.

I also recompiled the ToDoList files under JDK 1.4.2.

Log shows:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Requested Action not found:
com.cone.actions.portlets.todolist.ToDoListPortlet

-----
Shouldn't this read 'portlets.todolist.ToDoListPortlet', without the
'com.cone.actions' part? Doesn't Turbine automatically look in
<module-path>/actions/<action-path>, where <action-path> is the part you
specify in the portlet registry?
-----

Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
[com.cone, gov.nasa.ksc.portal.modules, org.apache.jetspeed.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]
at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.getInstance(ActionLoader.java:174)
... etc ... etc

-----
I think Turbine might now actually be looking in
src/java/com/cone/actions/com/cone/actions/portlets/todolist
-----

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 16:02, Dalton, Michael D wrote:
> Hey folks, I just upgraded our Jetspeed 1.4 server to Apache Tomcat/5.0.18 and JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 .

A few weeks ago I upgraded between tomcat5.0.12 and 5.0.16 and things
broke - some subtle difference in the server.xml config and the
catalina/localhost/mywebapp.xml stuff. The tomcat release notes weren't
massively helpful but hinted at a few things.

I can't remember, but I had to fiddle with location of a jar file too,
commons/lib things.

My advice is not to take any config for granted but work your way
through from verifying tomcat is working correctly, down to the webapp
itself.

good luck
Paul