Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 13:56:24 UTC

VM HA on xenserver 6.2

Hi,

I want to provide HA to VMs, currently i have created service offering with
'HA enable'
option. Hence VM is showing 'HA Enable'. but Host is hot HA enable.

Also for host If I change global setting 'ha.tag' = 'label' & apply 'label'
to host tag it shows 'HA Enable'.

but while deploying vm that host with host tag='label' doesn't allow to
create vms.
It act as dedicated HA host.

I don't want to create Dedicated HA for now. I want VM HA on cluster level
so if one host goes down vm will be migrated to another host.

Regards,
Tejas

RE: VM HA on xenserver 6.2

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.
If you set the global setting 'ha.tag' and tag the hosts then those hosts become dedicated HA hosts as you observed.
If you want to use all your hosts for regular VM deployments, then you should not ha tag them.

Just using 'ha.enabled' service offering while deploying the VMs should be sufficient for you.

Thanks,
Prachi

RE: VM HA on xenserver 6.2