Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by cha_1981 <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2010/03/30 19:19:34 UTC

Handling SOAP Fault Messages

Hi All,

I had webservice and am able to generate proper response based on client
request but when they are making invalid request i.e. removing some tag or
making syntax related  mistake, in response i'm getting exception related to
<faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>.

I check my logs and it seems that the request is not coming to my service.
The exception/response seems to generated by web server.Instead of
webserver, i want to pass my customized exception for eg."invalid
request".Can I do it?? If yes, how can i do it?

Also, this webservice is being consumed by lotsa users, so if possible i
don't want to do code change in existing services.If simply by setting some
configuration or writing a wrapper might do.

Really appreciated if someone reply with answer quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Cha