Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Peter-Otto Weber <cy...@hotmail.de> on 2020/04/16 12:55:14 UTC

Problem with recording session

Hello,

i am able to record a short Audio / Video sequence setting up the System with (Check Setup).

But inside a room i can share a screen but not record the session.

The recording is listed in the files but „not available“

OM and Kurento are running on the same user.

How can i debug this to find the cause?

I can see, that my current user i am logged in with is not allowed to Access the „streams“ Folder.

Thanks for helping.

Maybe this Question was answered before but this really old fashione Mailing list is not giving me a feature to search for this ☹

POW

Re: Problem with recording session

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'm very happy this part is made by Alvaro :))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

AW: Problem with recording session

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 12:13, Peter-Otto Weber <cy...@hotmail.de> wrote:

> Maxim – please allow stupid question
>

> How can i start OM with user kurento?

The simpliest way:
cd ${OM_HOME}
sudo -u kurento ./bin/startup.sh

(you need to be `root`)

> I followed „Installation OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M3 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.pdf“
> but i can not see the problem?
>

> What i can guess ist that user „kurento“ has to be created setting up
> Ubuntu 18.4?

This user is created by KMS

> Here i created my own user from which i did all the work.
>

> With PS i can see, that tomcat is running in this context.
>

> So i think there’s one important point missing in the manual (or overseen
> by me)
>

> You need to setup Ubunt with a user named „kurento“ and do all the work
> from there?

I usually run everything under user `nobody`
this way attacker will get zero profit :)))

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter-Otto Weber <cy...@hotmail.de>.
Well, Gerald if you find „markmail“ or get the link from a freindly admin – that will work.

Searching for „recording“ i get 11295 results as every „mail“ is listed.

It is still „confusing“ for me but i will have to adopt.

Any help with my origin Problem (records no stored)?

POW

IExplorer will probaly not work. Firefox, Opera etc.

Gerald