Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/16 18:12:43 UTC

What time range does nodetool cfhistograms use?

Hi all,

Over what time range does "nodetool cfhistograms" operate?

I am using Cassandra 2.0.8.39.

I am trying to debug some very high 95th and 99th percentile read
latencies in an application that I'm working on.

I tried running nodetool cfhistograms to get a flavor for the
distribution of read latencies and also to see how many SSTables our
reads are using, and I saw different results yesterday versus this
morning, so I assume the time window is fairly tight (like an hour or
so).   I vaguely recall Aaron Morton talking about this during the
training course I took at Cassandra Summit, but I cannot find my notes
and I think the behavior of the tool with regard to time windows
changed from version to version.

Thanks!

-Clint

Re: What time range does nodetool cfhistograms use?

Posted by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply!  I completely forgot about proxyhistograms!

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clint Kelly <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mark!

Posted by Mark Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.