Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by lavesh <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 11:09:41 UTC

Handling large no. of ids in solr

1
down vote
favorite
I need to perform an online search in solr i.e user need to find list of
user which are online with particular criteria.

how i am handling this:
we store the ids of user in a table and i send all online user id in solr
request like

&fq=-id:(id1 id2 id3 ............id5000)
problem with this approach is that when ids become large, solr talking too
much time to resolved and we need to transfer large request over the
network.

one solution can be use of join in solr but online data change regularly and
i cant index data everytime(say 5-10 min, it should be at-least an hr)

other solution i think of firing this query internally from solr based on
certain parameter in url. I dnt have much idea abt solr internals so don't
know how to proceed on this.

can anyone help me on this or can provide an alternate solution ?

Re: Handling large no. of ids in solr

Posted by lavesh <la...@gmail.com>.
i am sending list of online users and filters conditions as well.

Re: Handling large no. of ids in solr

Posted by adityab <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Based on the fq ("-" in it)  you posted are you trying to filter out all the
offline users?

Other option do you need the complete list in one request? did you try
splitting them in to batches of say 100 ids in one solr query.