Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 13:50:28 UTC

Setup debug mode in eclipse for Java UDF and pig script

Hi,
I am new to pig .
Can somebody help me setting he debug mode in eclipse  in easy steps.
Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Re: pig pen installation in eclipse

Posted by "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <ad...@hotmail.com>.
Apparently the solution was to upgrade to Mars. Just stick the jar in the
dropins folder, reboot, and boom; it's there.

B.

Re: Setup debug mode in eclipse for Java UDF and pig script

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
Is com.pig.udf.PigUDF on your classpath ?

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM
To: "user@pig.apache.org<ma...@pig.apache.org>" <us...@pig.apache.org>>, Jianfeng Zhang <jz...@hortonworks.com>>
Subject: Re: Setup debug mode in eclipse for Java UDF and pig script

Thanks Jeff for quick solution .
Now I am getting error as below :
<line 5, column 33> Failed to generate logical plan. Nested exception: org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: ERROR 1070: Could not resolve com.pig.udf.PigUDF using imports: [, java.lang., org.apache.pig.builtin., org.apache.pig.impl.builtin.]

Where PigUDF  is my UDF class .

Thanks,

On 10 July 2015 at 14:03, Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang <jz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

You can use pig¹s java API to debug your script in eclipse.
Here¹s one simple example.

        PigServer pig = new PigServer(ExecType.LOCAL);
        pig.registerScript("myscript.pig");
    }

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang