Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by sh...@checkfree.com on 2003/10/06 23:25:27 UTC

Log file Viewer

I am using log4j DailyRollingFileAppender - outputting data into a log file
for each day. As the application runs on multiple boxes, we usually need to
browse through all logs for a day to reconstruct what happened when trouble
shooting.

I have been looking around the log4j site for a log viewer (either swing
based or web-based) that will help us search these files and display
entries that match and provide capabilities to order them. LogFactor5
requires the output to be have keywords and Chainsaw seems to work only
with socketappender. Am i right here ?

I guess i am not the first one to have such a request - but cannot seem to
find anything opensource. Any pointers / suggestions ??

Shuchi