Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/09/26 20:19:12 UTC

[Vote] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC1

Hi all,

This is the first release candidate for Apache Stratos
3.0.0-incubating, the very first Stratos release at Apache.

This is a PPMC vote - if this passes, we'll move it onward to an IPMC vote.
Please use the [DISCUSS] thread for anything but votes.

This release fixes the following issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314521&version=12324964

*** Please download, test and vote.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Binary files:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/3.0.0-incubating-rc1/

Maven staging repos:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-097/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tag;h=baff4979db295625e6951534712bb3b6bbc65273

Stratos KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/3.0.0-incubating-rc1/KEYS

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1 (explain why)

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC1

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi Dinesh,
>

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a blogpost [1] for creating EC2 AMI for Apache Startos 3.0.0
>> incubating RC1 and it contain the pre-build EC2 cartridge AMIs as well.
>>
> Can you change links to RC2 locations since we have RC2 ready?

Done.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

Posted by Melan Nimesh <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Here is a blog post [1] for getting start Apache Stratos from EC2 images.

[1]
http://melannj.blogspot.com/2013/09/quick-start-apache-stratos-from-ec2.html

Thanks,
Melan

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a blogpost [1] for creating EC2 AMI for Apache Startos 3.0.0
> incubating RC1 and it contain the pre-build EC2 cartridge AMIs as well.
>
> [1]
> http://dineshmethsiri.blogspot.com/2013/09/create-ec2-apache-stratos-ami.html
>
> Thanks
>

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Paul Fremantle <pa...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks as if we can host the code and build etc on extras and the
>> downloads on drive. Alternatively we could set up a git hub project.
>>
>> Paul

>>> project
>>> >

>>> Not sure if this factors into your decision on not, but might be
>>> worthwhile reading before sinking time into it:
>>>
>>> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-change-to-google-code-download-service.html
>>>

> --
> *Dinesh Bandara*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware

--
Melan Nimesh

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC1

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pa...@wso2.com>.

On 28 September 2013 03:07, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We did not include source packages in this RC1 release but found that we
> should[1]. So we cancel this vote and will come up with RC2 which includes
> source packs.
>   Please still test on RC1 binary packs any functionality you were
> planning to test so we can find out if there are any other problems with
> this RC.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-source
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is the first release candidate for Apache Stratos
>> 3.0.0-incubating, the very first Stratos release at Apache.
>>
>> This is a PPMC vote - if this passes, we'll move it onward to an IPMC
>> vote. Please use the [DISCUSS] thread for anything but votes.
>>
>> This release fixes the following issues:
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314521&version=12324964
>>
>> *** Please download, test and vote.
>>
>> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
>> convenience.
>>
>> Binary files:
>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/3.0.0-incubating-rc1/
>>
>> Maven staging repos:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-097/
>>
>> The tag to be voted upon:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tag;h=baff4979db295625e6951534712bb3b6bbc65273
>>
>> Stratos KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/3.0.0-incubating-rc1/KEYS
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] 0
>> [ ] -1 (explain why)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Lahiru Sandaruwan
>> Software Engineer,
>> Platform Technologies,
>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
>> blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
>> twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus
>> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146

> Lahiru Sandaruwan
> Software Engineer,
> Platform Technologies,
> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
> blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
> twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member

UK: +44 207 096 0336
US: +1 646 595 7614

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
paul@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 3.0.0 Incubating RC1

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jason Daly <ja...@systembind.com>.
+1 for Apache Extras project.  This abstracts cartridge development.