Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petr Široký <pe...@proton.me.INVALID> on 2023/03/18 16:58:01 UTC

MCOMPILER-391 - request for review (using dependency management for annotationProcessorPaths)

Hello everyone,

some time ago I started looking into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MCOMPILER-391 - which basically requests that maven-compiler-plugin and its 'annotationProcessorPaths' configuration should follow dependencyManagement (if specified), instead of requiring explicit versions to be set for each path.

I am proposing a solution as part of https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/180 and I would like to ask if someone could take a look and review those changes. There are some potential downsides listed in the PR as inline comments and those are definitely up for discussion.

I definitely don't want to forcefully push the PR or anything, but it has been there for two weeks now and I believe the feature is important enough to get some more attention and possibly more discussion.

Thanks,
Petr