Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by nick the mytilian <at...@csd.uoc.gr> on 2004/03/03 16:42:36 UTC

Caching and database connections...

Hi all,

I am working with jetspeed 1.4. under tomcat 4.1.29.

My application consists of several JspPortlets. One of them, every time a
user clicks in a hyperlink of another portlet, connects to a database,
makes a query, transforms the query result with XSLT (the query result is
in XML/RDF format) and shows the content in html.

I ascertain that if a user fires this hyperlink twice, then the execution
time of the query is much less. Is it possilble that this is because of
caching in jetspeed?

Before answering, you can check it online:
http://139.91.183.233:1025/jetspeed/index.jsp

just click "Artist" from the left, and then click "Get Resources".
If you click "Get Resources" twice, is it possible that the content is
served from the cache?

Thank you!
Nik.