Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Wee <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 07:08:53 UTC

Re: offheap component

Solely by the Cassandra version.  Are you asking about a particular
component not mentioned above?

Not exactly. From version to version, the component of cassandra may reside
on heap or off heap, so is there a way to determine which component in the
cassandra version that may reside on heap or off heap?

Re: offheap component

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>wrote:

> Row cache has been off heap for a while, and the key cache is still on
> heap.

Usage of the "off heap" row cache has enough associated heap consumption
that I feel compelled to mention that the name "off heap" is slightly
misleading. Certainly it consumes less heap than the on-heap row cache, for
the same number of cached rows... :D

=Rob

Re: offheap component

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
in 1.2 bloom filters and compression meta data were moved off heap. in 2.0 index samples were also taken off heap.

Row cache has been off heap for a while, and the key cache is still on heap.

Any other components you were interested in ?

The best reference will be the NEWS.txt file and the blog posts at datastax.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton