Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/08/09 12:06:46 UTC

FYI: PatternTransformer, deserves some publicity I think...

I just had a look at the PatternTransformer and its samples, and
although there has been almost no mention of it on the lists it looks
very interesting for free-form parsing or enhancement of text (like
adding links based on text patterns).

For example, it can easily map text such as
   Here is a link in the middle of plain text, http://www.perdu.com

   Here is a link in the middle of plain text,  <a
href="http://www.perdu.com">http://www.perdu.com</a>

Thanks Stephan for this! I know you have something more sophisticated
in mind, but this looks very useful already.

-Bertrand