Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andy Heynderickx <an...@delen.be> on 2002/02/05 15:18:11 UTC

pcl output & landscape documents

Hi,

some time ago I posted a question on how to get fop to generate a landscape
document in pcl correctly. I got no answer so I searched for a work-around.
Here it is for anyone who should run into the same problem:
-generate the pcl file as-is. if you send this to the printer you will get a
clipped portrait-oriented document.
-now write a program/script that searches to pcl-file for '<esc>&l0O' (\027
+ & + l + zero + capital O), and substitute all these by '<esc>&l1O' (\027 +
& + l + one + capital O).
-send this 'enhanced' pcl-file to the printer, you'll get a nice landscape
doc.

In fact what you've done is replace the pcl-code for 'portrait' by the
'landscape'-code.

Dirty, but it works...

I'm not a java expert myself, but why is it so difficult to build into the
pcl-renderer to check the width of the page against the height of the page
and set the orientation accordingly?

Andy