Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/04 19:37:48 UTC

Testing a nifi flow via junit

All,

I see that there is a way to test a single processor with the TestRunner
(StandardProcessorTestRunner) class, but is there a way to set up an
integration test to test a complete flow or a subset of a flow?

Thank you,
Vincent

Re: Testing a nifi flow via junit

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

I think there is definitely some power in being able to enforce consistent
mock nifi performance with single threading.    I honestly haven't thought
it out completely, but eyeballing it and just keeping track of how many
milliseconds things took to run would be a good start.  Maybe using
something like JunitPerf would work?

Thanks,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Vincent,

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark,

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent,

Posted by Vincent Russell <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Aldrin,

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vincent,

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Just following up. . .
The project I was referring to is here in my fork (https://github.com/olegz/nifi/tree/int-test/nifi-integration-tests), you can see there are few tests that essentially assemble a flow outside of Mock and/or UI. There is more to be added there, but a good place to start.
Cheers
Oleg

On Jan 9, 2016, at 2:32 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

This is definitely possible and been done. What makes it difficult at times is to have all required NiFi dependencies in the process space of a given test.
I've actually proposed a separate module for these types of 'headless' flow tests. It actually helped me to discover some of the bugs as well as learn some of the NiFi internals.

Anyway, not near the computer at the moment, but will follow up with more next week

Oleg

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.