Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2008/08/05 17:16:04 UTC

[mime4j] reuse of ASF code and NOTICE

Hi all,

In a recent commit I introduced a Base64OutputStream released from
another ASF PMC (Apache MyFaces). Should we add anything to our NOTICE?

I ask this because I happen to look at wicket main NOTICE file and I see
they made a reference to each file they copied around from other ASF
products:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/NOTICE

I referenced the source in the svn commit and I added a line to the
source file header saying "This class has been copied from Apache
MyFaces Trinidad 1.2.8"

I thought the main "This product includes software developed at The
Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)." allowed us to
include any source from any ASF project without further references, but
I'd like to have confirmation for this.

Stefano