Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/03 16:39:15 UTC

[SITE] CMS cutover for incubator site on Monday

I'll be cutting over the incubator site to
svnpubsub based on the CMS this coming Monday.
Please be advised this will impact the workflow
for publishing stuff: instead of committing build
output to site-publish and svn upping the tree
on people.apache.org, you will instead publish
your changes by either visiting

    https://cms.apache.org/incubator/publish

or by using the publish.pl script on people.apache.org.
Please read up on CMS usage at

    http://www.apache.org/dev/cms
    http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref

Thanks for your attention!

Re: [SITE] CMS cutover for incubator site on Monday

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Oops. Fixed.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
site-publish/ has been removed, so you no
longer need to build stuff locally and
commit the results.  You simply commit
your changes, wait about a minute for
the CMS to build them, and publish using
the URL I mentioned or the publish.pl
script on people.apache.org.

FWIW the CMS bookmarklet will work too

on the incubator siteifyou prefer to
use a browser for this purpose.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Oh and btw at some point this week we should
remove the site-publish dir to avoid any confusion.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de>.
As we build up the new Etch Website on the same CMS we are already using the same mechanism there. If you commit some changes to the svn, they are visible on http://etch.staging.apache.org/etch/. As soon as you are ready to make them public you can publish the site on https://etch.staging.apache.org/etch/publish.

Cheers,
Martin

Fwd: [SITE] CMS cutover for incubator site on Monday

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.