Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 00:54:29 UTC

shingle filter

hello *, im currently faceting on a shingled field to obtain popular
phrases and its working well, however ide like to limit the number of
shingles that get created, the solr.ShingleFilterFactory supports
maxShingleSize, can it be made to support a minimum as well? can
someone point me in the right direction?

thx much
--joe

Re: shingle filter

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hello *, im currently faceting on a shingled field to obtain popular
> phrases and its working well, however ide like to limit the number of
> shingles that get created, the solr.ShingleFilterFactory supports
> maxShingleSize, can it be made to support a minimum as well? can
> someone point me in the right direction?

There is only maxShingleSize right now. The other configurable attribute is
outputUnigrams which controls whether or not unigrams may be added to the

If you want to add support for minimum size, I think you can make the
changes in ShingleFilter.fillShingleBuffer(). Create an issue in jira and
someone who knows more about shingles can help out.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.