Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2007/09/25 15:05:47 UTC

svn: Directory 'target\.svn' containing working copy admin area is missing

Hi all,

I'm following the example in chapter 7 of Better Builds with Maven, that is
the example to use Continuum for the first time.

I  was able to add example project to Continuum and to launch the build
process that successfully send me also the mails.
Nevertheless I obtain some build error...I saw in " Build result for my
project" that there was the following error:
Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: Directory 'target\.svn' containing working copy admin area is missing

Perhaps that problem occurs when some folder and/or files are not committed
and so the .svn folder doesn't exist?

What do you think?
What else could be?

Thanks in advance,
best regards.
Raffaele

Re: svn: Directory 'target\.svn' containing working copy admin area is missing

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
I think you're on the good way, but not to the end.

1. Did you actually remove all the "target" folders? (svn rm target)
2. Did you actually check in the removal and the propset
     "svn stat target" should give:
target:  (Not a versioned resource)

So this are real repository changes, not only in your local (or
continuums) working copy! Everything under target should never get into
your source repository.

My svn:ignore property on the root of a Maven 2 project or module mostly
look like this:

target
.project
.classpath
.settings

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend removing it from the repository not the workspace
since your local workspace is in an unstable state (you have a target
folder under SCM, but maven deletes it as part of its process).

If your svn repo was https://my.repo.com/repo/project/trunk then you
could remove it by doing

svn delete -m "removing stray target folder" https://my.repo.com/repo/project/trunk/my-maven-project/target

Then do an "svn update" in the working directory, or force the working
directory to be re-fetched.  This bypasses the local workspace so that
the repo itself is in the state you want (but in a versioned action).

Christian.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It's independant of Continuum. svn:ignore must be defined and committed AND files added in svn:ignore must be removed in svn

Emmanuel

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.