Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Manish Kumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 03:53:50 UTC

Not getting transaction details

Hi ,

I am new in Ofbiz . I am doing some transaction but I am not getting
transaction details.

These are the exact process I am doing , please tell me whether I am on
track or not :

   1. Login as an admin in ordermgr
   2. Aplications > order > orderentry
   3. Entered User Login Id : admin Customer : DemoCustomer1
   4. Clicked on continue
   5. Now entered ProductId : GZ-2644(Round Gizmo) , Quantity : 1 then
   clicked on Add To Order
   6. Clicked on Finalize Order
   7. Clicked on Continue after entering New Ship Address
   8. Selected No Shipping , continue
   9. continue
   10. Selected offline payment radio button then continue
   11. Selected offline "I do not wish to add additional parties" radio
   button then continue
   12. Clicked on Create order
   13. Now clicked on Approve Order
   14. Now Status is Approved
   15. After doing "Quick Ship Entire Order" Invoice is generated
   16. Finally for this particular transaction I am able to see Invoice
   details but in "Gl Journal Id "  column no data is present it is empty.(Why
   ?)
   17. Now I want to see all transaction details So for this I am doing
   these steps :
   18. Accounting Manager > Global GL Setting >Chart of accounts
   19. Here POSTED BALANCE is coming $0.00 for all Transaction (Why ?)

Please give me suggestion and reason why this is happening . Whether I am
doing some wrong steps or this is a bug?

Why this POSTED BALANCE is coming $0.00 ? In which table I can get all
details of Transaction ?

Please help me out . I will be very thankful for you.

Thank you
--

*Thank You
Manish Kumar

Re: Not getting transaction details

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
One easy way to attach files is to use the Nabble forum.
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBiz-User-f135036.html
It's the only case I recommend to use it instead of the user ML

Jacques

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.

Posted by Tom Burns <tr...@yahoo.com>.
Jacopo,

I am seeing an error in the demo-trunk in

* Accounting Transaction Entries: shows you the GL transaction entries (Dr/Cr)
:ERROR MESSAGE:
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Return value from use-when condition eval was not a Boolean: null [null] on the field glAccountId of form
ListFindAcctgTransEntriesByAccount (Return value from use-when condition eval was not a Boolean: null [null] on the field glAccountId of form

On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:53 AM, Manish Kumar wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am new in Ofbiz . I am doing some transaction but I am not getting
> transaction details.
>
> These are the exact process I am doing , please tell me whether I am on
> track or not :
>
>   1. Login as an admin in ordermgr
>   2. Aplications > order > orderentry
>   3. Entered User Login Id : admin Customer : DemoCustomer1
>   4. Clicked on continue
>   5. Now entered ProductId : GZ-2644(Round Gizmo) , Quantity : 1 then
>   clicked on Add To Order
>   6. Clicked on Finalize Order
>   7. Clicked on Continue after entering New Ship Address
>   8. Selected No Shipping , continue
>   9. continue
>   10. Selected offline payment radio button then continue
>   11. Selected offline "I do not wish to add additional parties" radio
>   button then continue
>   12. Clicked on Create order
>   13. Now clicked on Approve Order
>   14. Now Status is Approved
>   15. After doing "Quick Ship Entire Order" Invoice is generated
>   16. Finally for this particular transaction I am able to see Invoice
>   details but in "Gl Journal Id "  column no data is present it is empty.(Why
>   ?)

Currently the "journal id" is set only for failed transactions as we have an "error journal". There is a flag ("is posted") that tells you if the transaction has been posted to the GL.

>   17. Now I want to see all transaction details So for this I am doing
>   these steps :
>   18. Accounting Manager > Global GL Setting >Chart of accounts
>   19. Here POSTED BALANCE is coming $0.00 for all Transaction (Why ?)

You should not look at that field (we should probably hide it from that screen to avoid confusion) but instead you should go here:

Accounting Manager > Organization GL Setting > then click the "Accounting" button of the company you are using (this is probably the first record, the one with description "Your Company Name Here")
From there you will have several screens to review your transactions:
* Accounting Transactions: shows you the GL transaction headers
* Accounting Transaction Entries: shows you the GL transaction entries (Dr/Cr)
* Reports: in the submenus you will find several financial reports, including the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement

Kind regards

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Then you should configure your mappings using the following screens:

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/accounting/control/GlAccountSalInvoice?organizationPartyId=Company

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/accounting/control/editProductGlAccounts?organizationPartyId=Company

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/accounting/control/editProductCategoryGlAccounts?organizationPartyId=Company

Jacopo

Posted by manish <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dear Jacopo ,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Manish,

Posted by manish <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dear Jacopo ,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by manish <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am using trunk.

Thank You

Re: Not getting transaction details

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
what release are you using? 10.04, 09.04, trunk?

Jacopo

Posted by manish <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dear Jacopo ,

Thank You very much for your quick response.Now I am getting what I wanted .

Thank You

Manish Kumar

Re: Not getting transaction details

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:53 AM, Manish Kumar wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am new in Ofbiz . I am doing some transaction but I am not getting
> transaction details.
>
> These are the exact process I am doing , please tell me whether I am on
> track or not :
>
>   1. Login as an admin in ordermgr
>   2. Aplications > order > orderentry
>   3. Entered User Login Id : admin Customer : DemoCustomer1
>   4. Clicked on continue
>   5. Now entered ProductId : GZ-2644(Round Gizmo) , Quantity : 1 then
>   clicked on Add To Order
>   6. Clicked on Finalize Order
>   7. Clicked on Continue after entering New Ship Address
>   8. Selected No Shipping , continue
>   9. continue
>   10. Selected offline payment radio button then continue
>   11. Selected offline "I do not wish to add additional parties" radio
>   button then continue
>   12. Clicked on Create order
>   13. Now clicked on Approve Order
>   14. Now Status is Approved
>   15. After doing "Quick Ship Entire Order" Invoice is generated
>   16. Finally for this particular transaction I am able to see Invoice
>   details but in "Gl Journal Id "  column no data is present it is empty.(Why
>   ?)

Currently the "journal id" is set only for failed transactions as we have an "error journal". There is a flag ("is posted") that tells you if the transaction has been posted to the GL.

>   17. Now I want to see all transaction details So for this I am doing
>   these steps :
>   18. Accounting Manager > Global GL Setting >Chart of accounts
>   19. Here POSTED BALANCE is coming $0.00 for all Transaction (Why ?)

You should not look at that field (we should probably hide it from that screen to avoid confusion) but instead you should go here:

Accounting Manager > Organization GL Setting > then click the "Accounting" button of the company you are using (this is probably the first record, the one with description "Your Company Name Here")
From there you will have several screens to review your transactions: