Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thad Humphries <th...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/07 19:59:36 UTC

NetBeans release notes?

I see that NetBeans 16 is out. I only started using NetBeans a few weeks
ago. Are there release notes somewhere online so I can evaluate if I want
to upgrade at this time, and what obstacles and/or bugs I might expect?

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 111-13)

Re: NetBeans release notes?

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
On 07.12.22 22:08, Fred Welland wrote:
> an interesting surprise....
>
> I don't know if this is the official release notes, but this has some
> info on it: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/releases/tag/16

yep, those notes are the official ones.

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 3:00 PM Thad Humphries
> <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I see thatĀ NetBeans 16 is out. I only started using NetBeans a few
>     weeks ago. Are there releaseĀ notes somewhere online so I can
>     evaluate if I want to upgrade at this time, and what obstacles
>     and/or bugs I might expect?

It is always recommended to update NetBeans to the current version if
possible which has (hopefully) the least amount of bugs. But we also try
to make sure to hide new ones to keep things interesting :)

If there is a larger issue (or regression) known at time of release it
is often mentioned on the download page which just got updated:

https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb16/index.html

e.g for NB 16 there is: "Gradle projects in Apache NetBeans 16 are not
supported when running the IDE on JDK 19.

-mbien

Re: NetBeans release notes?

Posted by Fred Welland <fr...@gmail.com>.
an interesting surprise....