Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/06/04 15:45:04 UTC

[VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Hi All,

This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
between the two proposed finalists.  Please vote for only one of the
following two (alphabetically-ordered) names:

Apache Aseca      - relevant letters in "Application SECurity Api"
Apache Shiro      - "castle" in Japanese

Voting ends Wednesday June 10th, Midnight (GMT-8) to allow some time after
the weekend for additional votes.

Thank you for your vote!

RE: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1 Shiro

----
edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1 Shiro

----
edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Posted by Erik Beeson <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Apache Shiro

Posted by Moin Ayazifar <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Moin Ayazifar <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1 Shiro

Posted by Erik Beeson <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Apache Aseca

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
> between the two proposed finalists.  Please vote for only one of the
> following two (alphabetically-ordered) names:
>
> Apache Aseca      - relevant letters in "Application SECurity Api"
> Apache Shiro      - "castle" in Japanese
>
> Voting ends Wednesday June 10th, Midnight (GMT-8) to allow some time after
> the weekend for additional votes.
>
> Thank you for your vote!

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
+1 Apache Aseca

I had delayed my vote for a really long time because I honestly like both
about equally.  But if I had to choose, I figured that a more obscure name
might be better, so I went with Aseca.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
+1 Apache Shira

Posted by "Imam, Shams" <Sh...@sabre.com>.
+1 for Apache Aseca

________________________________

I like the alliteration - it rolls of the tongue a lot easier than Apache Shiro IMHO.

--
Altuğ.

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by "Altuğ B. Altıntaş" <al...@gmail.com>.
+ 1 Apache Shiro

--
Altuğ.

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Les Hazlewood<lh...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
> between the two proposed finalists.

+1 Shiro

/niklas

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Bradley Beddoes <br...@gmail.com>.
I'll buck the trend and +1 for Aseca
:)

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Posted by Ben <be...@autonomic.net>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Ben

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
The voting period has ended.  I will post the result in a new thread.

Regards,

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by vasusanka <va...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Cheers,
Vasu.

Posted by "Daniel J. Lauk" <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Aseca

Cheers,
DJ

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Kalle

Posted by Erik Beeson <er...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
+1

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Kalle

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

On 4-Jun-09, at 6:45 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
> between the two proposed finalists.  Please vote for only one of the
> following two (alphabetically-ordered) names:
>
> Apache Aseca      - relevant letters in "Application SECurity Api"
> Apache Shiro      - "castle" in Japanese
>
> Voting ends Wednesday June 10th, Midnight (GMT-8) to allow some time
> after
> the weekend for additional votes.
>
> Thank you for your vote!

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/SonatypeNexus
http://twitter.com/SonatypeM2E

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 Apache Shiro

Kalle

Posted by John McKenzie <jm...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Apache Shiro

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Apache Aseca

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
> between the two proposed finalists.  Please vote for only one of the
> following two (alphabetically-ordered) names:
>
> Apache Aseca      - relevant letters in "Application SECurity Api"
> Apache Shiro      - "castle" in Japanese
>
> Voting ends Wednesday June 10th, Midnight (GMT-8) to allow some time after
> the weekend for additional votes.
>
> Thank you for your vote!

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1 Shiro

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Shiro
+0 for Aseca

(typing in shiro is much easier than aseca)

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is the final vote for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project's new name
> between the two proposed finalists.  Please vote for only one of the
> following two (alphabetically-ordered) names:
>
> Apache Aseca      - relevant letters in "Application SECurity Api"
> Apache Shiro      - "castle" in Japanese
>
> Voting ends Wednesday June 10th, Midnight (GMT-8) to allow some time after
> the weekend for additional votes.
>
> Thank you for your vote!

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

RE: [VOTE] Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - Final Vote

Posted by "Kofford, C Todd" <tk...@ku.edu>.
1+ for Apache Shiro (if my vote counts)

Todd Kofford
tkofford@ku.edu