Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark H <ma...@markhorgan.com> on 2003/03/03 14:09:27 UTC

Getting a datasource in the latest CVS?

I'm sorry to bother the developers mailing list with this but I've tried
asking it on the cocoon-users list but I didn't get any response. Whats the
latest way of getting a datasource in an action? I've tried the following:

ComponentSelector selector=(ComponentSelector)
manager.lookup(DataSourceComponent.ROLE + "Selector");
DataSourceComponent datasource =
(DataSourceComponent)selector.select("someDatasourceName");

but the datasource is set to null. I've also tried using ServiceSelector but
couldn't get it to work. Is this broken in the current CVS?

BTW you are doing great work! Can't wait for v2.1 final to come out. Wish I
could contribute but I don't know Cocoon well enough at the moment.

Thx, Mark