Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/04/20 19:46:09 UTC

StoreConfig and creating context.xml files

Hi,

I'm working in the issue reported on users@

I've fixed the errors described there and have got to the point where
StoreConfig.store(Context) is being called but the call fails if the
Context doesn't already have a configuration file. Is this intended? The
docs suggest that the file will be created if necessary.

What is meant to happen in this case?

Mark

Re: StoreConfig and creating context.xml files

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 9:27 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 20/04/2020 23:01, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 9:46 PM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
> > <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     I'm working in the issue reported on users@
> >
> >     I've fixed the errors described there and have got to the point where
> >     StoreConfig.store(Context) is being called but the call fails if the
> >     Context doesn't already have a configuration file. Is this intended?
> The
> >     docs suggest that the file will be created if necessary.
> >
> >     What is meant to happen in this case?
> >

> > No idea, probably it's supposed to create the file.
>
> OK. Good to know I wasn't missing anything. I'll see what I can do.

I'm quite sure I never tested this, the method was still there from the old
storeconfig and that's it. The main "save Server" did work and saves
context.xml files for each context, so I can confirm again it is the
consistent thing to do.

Rémy

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.