Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/03 02:32:42 UTC

Code freeze for apache bookkeeper 4.6.0 release

Hi all,
According to the release plan of apache bookkeeper, I would like to call a
code freeze for release 4.6.0.

1, We will create new branch this weekend.
2, No more feature issue should be marked as 4.6.0; any new feature should
be marked as 4.7.0.
3, Bug fix issues, which are really needed, could still be OK to get in, in
future 2 weeks.
4, We will prepare 4.6.0 branch for release soon,  the documentation work
for 4.6.0 will start next week.

Regards.
-Jia

Re: Code freeze for apache bookkeeper 4.6.0 release

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi committers,

Since there are two releases inprogress, there are a few notes to keep in
mind:

- all the new code should be merged into master first, mark it as milestone
`4.7.0` and label it as `release/4.7.0`.
- if code needs to be included in release 4.6.0, when you merge a pull
request, we need to cherry-pick it to 4.6.0. The merge script does
cherry-pick for you if you just follow the instructions.

- Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
lgtm +1

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.