Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Theman <xr...@hotmail.com> on 2012/10/05 17:06:52 UTC

How do I configure my Axis2 client to use FIPS 140-2?

Hello,
I have a Axis2 client that was working fine when connecting to a Axis2 web services hosted on tomcat. But then the tomcat server admin turned on TLS only and FIPS 140-2 SSL only. Now my Axis2 web service client fails.
How can I configure my axis2 client to use TLS and FIPS 140-2 SSL ??
Thanks,Ed

RE: How do I configure my Axis2 client to use FIPS 140-2?

Posted by Sam Theman <xr...@hotmail.com>.
Thank You Filippo,
...I know how to configure the server to use TLS only, but I am still not clear how the client needs to be configured. Is there a change that needs to be added to the jdk security policy file? coding changes to the client to indicate to use TLS only?
Ed

Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 13:11:17 +0200
Subject: Re: How do I configure my Axis2 client to use FIPS 140-2?
From: filippo.agazzi@studenti.unipr.it
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

Hi Sam,
see this http://wso2.org/library/3190#Policy_annotated_WSDL. An example of use a transport binding for securing message exchange betweeen client and WS using SSL (TLS).

Filippo

....I could be satisfied with first knowing how to have my axis2 client use TLS.....

Posted by FILIPPO AGAZZI <fi...@studenti.unipr.it>.
Hi Sam,