Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/23 13:03:23 UTC

Considering some ideas about IoTDB for GSoc

Hi all,

Last year, Kevin forwarded us a message about applying GSoC 2019, but we
missed it.
I saw The GSoc2020 is coming and there are many projects already propose
some ideas.

How about taking this chance to attract more contributors? (I am not sure
whether it is late for joining this year's activity).

Is there someone having experience?

I list some ideas as following:

- the work of integrations with Apache Zeppelin (Issue IOTDB-507) and
Apache Calcite (we wanted it for a long time but not finished until now..)
are suitable for the GSoc.

- A more complete JDBC of IoTDB, Supporting Database connection pool like
Apache Commons DBCP, C3P0 are also good features.

- Some other ideas like integrating with other Apache IoT projects (like
MiNiFi, NiFi, PLC4X) can help improving Apache IoT ecosystem.

- If we jump out of the Apache ecosystem, integrating with Prometheus,
Telegraf, and Spring framework are also interesting.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Considering some ideas about IoTDB for GSoc

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I move the issues from comdev to IoTDB jira track.  from IoTDB-515 to IOTDB
519 and IoTDB-520.

Best,
-----------------------------------

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年2月25日周二 上午10:37写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
:-) Let me know if I can help. I've found the GSOC program to be very
rewarding and a great way to SLOWLY get people involved.
--
Kevin A. McGrail
Member, Apache Software Foundation