Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/09/06 13:52:15 UTC

New Maven Archetypes to create a Royale Project

Hi,

(for folks don't know what a Maven Archetype is: is command line that
allows you to generate a new project from scratch. The project compiles and
can be run, then you can start adding your stuff)

just let you know that I fixed "royale-simple-application-archetype", since
it was a bit obsolete with the changes done in the past years.

also create new ones maybe more useful if you're interested in Jewe and
Crux:

*Jewel Application*

This one creates a Royale Jewel Application. Some features:

- Also add SASS configuration support, So you can start adding SASS rules
and building with maven will generate the final CSS.
- Since Jewel is (for now) just Javascript, this archetype remove SWF
build, generating just the JS (JSRoyale) version.

Example Usage:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.royale.framework
-DarchetypeArtifactId=royale-jewel-application-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=0.9.8-SNAPSHOT

*Crux Application*

This one create a Royale Jewel Application with Crux support already
preconfigured. So it's the same as before but adding the requied Crux
libraries, additional compiler options (to keep new metadata) and
application con configuration (beads, event packages, view packages,...)

Example Usage:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.royale.framework
-DarchetypeArtifactId=royale-jewel-crux-application-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=0.9.8-SNAPSHOT

*Note for IDEs:*

I also added to all archetypes some files to prepare the projects to use
asconfig.json, AS3&MXML (VSCode extension) and Moonshine.

Josh and Piotr, please take a look to these files and see if you can
improve it to make it more generalistic.

HTH

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: New Maven Archetypes to create a Royale Project

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.
Yes. In my work for the Infra team at Apache, I spend a lot of time
promoting information from the wiki to the website where people are more
likely to find it.

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrew,