Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2014/02/12 15:13:29 UTC

Re: Disable major compaction

Moving the question to user mailing list.

Hi Yaniv,

Even with this setting, you might still have some major compactions if all
the stores are selected for a compaction.

Any specific reason why you want to disable them?

JM

Posted by yanivG <ya...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I want to do them on off-peak hours. I already configured those
settings.