Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2007/08/29 04:13:14 UTC

adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Hi Valentina,

This sounds like a good idea, can you create a Jira issue for it? If you
copy your request in there we can keep the discussion together.

i agree we need accommodation maps and spots for theater seats, bus and
airplane seats. At the moment not so much for rooms, because a room
(group) in itself is a fixed asset.

A reservation at the moment is an order combined with orderitems and a
related workefforts. Using now another method for reservations?

A hotel offering is now a products in different classes related to the
same fixed asset so that the same hotel room can be offered with 2 or
with 3 beds, with or without flowers and fruitbasket etc.

Regards,
Hans

--
http://Antwebsystems.com : OFBiz Quality support for competitive rates.

Re: adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Posted by Valentina Sirkova <vs...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Shi,

I didn`t mean too many order records but too many techdataexcday records.
For example for 1 hour in the techdataexcday don`t you have 4 records(you
said you use 15 minutes)? For example to reserve from 1.00 to 2.00 dont you
get  the following  exceptionStartDates 1.00, 1.15, 1.30, 1.45 ?

Valentina

Re: adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
> I think right now the only way is the Shi
> Yusen`s approach, which is probably not the best solution for hourly
> reservation - it creates too many records and it is not very flexible?
Not too many records. One reservation is one order record only. The UI
will split it to segments on display.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Posted by Valentina Sirkova <vs...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Hans,

First of all thank you for your comments and suggestions. Maybe as you
offered I will create issue for this later.

It is true accommodation classes,spots could be used for theater seats etc
but I also think they could be used for room renting as well.
 For example we could define the room types as accommodation classes and
through accommodation maps relate to these classes the rooms which are fixed
assets. I don`t think the current implementation supports room types renting
unless we define the room type as a fixed asset(I mean to reserve room type
without assigning an actual room number/fixed asset. I think this could be
achieved only if we define the room type as a fixed asset because in this
way we would be able to increase its used capacity?) Or maybe there is some
better way?

About reservations - for RENTAL_ORDER_ITEMS right now we create workeffort
record from which we extract information like:start,end dates
reservMaxPersons,reserv2reservNthPPPerc,reserv2ndPPPerc then we use part of
this information for the TechDataCalendars. My idea about reservation is not
much different - the only difference is that we won`t use workeffort record
+ TechDataCalendars to store rental related information like from, thru
dates etc but AccommodationSpot(or it could have some other name) entity
which will be specifically for reservation data. I guess most of the fields
of the workeffort entity won`t be necessary for the rental data while all
the AccommodationSpot fields will be used.

And if we use an entity which has from and thru dates maybe we will be able
to implement hourly reservations? I think right now the only way is the Shi
Yusen`s approach, which is probably not the best solution for hourly
reservation - it creates too many records and it is not very flexible?

Thanks : Valentina :)

Re: adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Posted by "jacques.le.roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>.

David E Jones wrote:

> Shi Yusen wrote:
>> Hi Valentina,
>>
>>> Do you base your implementation of hourly reservations on the current
>>> logic?
>>> Maybe something like this:
>>>  1) You define something like minimum reservation period -say 1 hour.
>>>  2) You check availability of the fixed asset for every 1 hour.
>> Every 15 minutes acturally.
>>
>>>  If you want to reserve a fixed asset for the period  3a.m - 5a.m then
>>> you
>>> check the availability from 3-4 and then from 4-5?And basically you
>>> create
>>> record in the TechDataCalendarExcDay for every exceptionStartDate-in our
>>> example 2 records? If this is the way - can you reserve for less then
>>> this
>>> defined minimum reservation period? for example 30 minutes, 45 minutes
>>> etc?
>>> I mean from 3 to 3.33 for example?
>> No, the minimum reservation period is 15 minutes. 3 to 3.33 will be
>> reserved from 3:00 to 3:45.
>>
>>> Or you have changed in a way order services?
>> The price for the rental rooms is charged for every 15 minutes, so the
>> quantity in an order is how many 15 minutes.
>
> They charge in 15 minute increments? What kind of place is that? ;)
>
> -David

I don't charge in quarters (I charge by hours) but I use a tool which
records my work by quarters.

Jacques

Re: adding rental entities was: Stop using techdata calendar

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
Hi Valentina,

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
We have a meetingroom module. I think creating a new UI then everything
should be ok.

We are using this UI for the rental products:
http://www.langhua.cn/ad-reservation.jpg

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2007-08-29三的 09:13 +0700,Hans Bakker写道: