Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by yaoxiaohua <ya...@outlook.com> on 2016/01/18 12:19:24 UTC

hdfs-site.xml change must restart datanode?

Hi,

                Hadoop2.3cdh5.0.2

                I change hdfs-site.xml

                Update two properties value;

                dfs.datanode.max.xcievers

                dfs.datanode.max.transfer.threads

                I must restart the datanode process for this?

                Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Evan Yao

RE: hdfs-site.xml change must restart datanode?

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@hotmail.com>.
Hi yaoxiaohua,
Use "dfs.datanode.max.transfer.threads" instead of "dfs.datanode.max.xcievers (deprecated)"..Yes, you need to restart the datanode.
Reference for deprecated properties:https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

Thanks And RegardsBrahma Reddy Battula

From: yaoxiaohua@outlook.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org