Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Eberhardt <pr...@yahoo.de> on 2001/10/11 14:26:57 UTC

DOM_DOcument::createXMLDecl()

Hello,

I try to use the following code inorder to create a
DOM_Document that has a XML Decl unfortunatly it
does'not work mybe somebody can tell me what is wrong

DOM_DOMImplementation impl;
  DOM_DocumentType Type =
impl.createDocumentType("Type","","example.dtd");
  DOM_Document
doc=impl.createDocument(0,"Firma",Type);
  DOM_XMLDecl Decl =
doc.createXMLDecl("1.0","UTF-8","no");
  //doc.appendChild(Decl);
  DOM_Element rootElement = doc.getDocumentElement();
  DOM_Element abteilung =
doc.createElement("Abteilung");
  rootElement.appendChild(abteilung);

bye Robert

Re: DOM_DOcument::createXMLDecl()

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Robert Eberhardt" <pr...@yahoo.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I try to use the following code inorder to create a
> DOM_Document that has a XML Decl unfortunatly it
> does'not work mybe somebody can tell me what is wrong
>
> DOM_DOMImplementation impl;
>   DOM_DocumentType Type =
> impl.createDocumentType("Type","","example.dtd");
>   DOM_Document
> doc=impl.createDocument(0,"Firma",Type);
>   DOM_XMLDecl Decl =
> doc.createXMLDecl("1.0","UTF-8","no");
>   //doc.appendChild(Decl);
>   DOM_Element rootElement = doc.getDocumentElement();
>   DOM_Element abteilung =
> doc.createElement("Abteilung");
>   rootElement.appendChild(abteilung);

Hey Robert,

The document you created with createDocument() already has a node, the
doctype node. The XMLDecl node has to be first, so you need to use

  doc.insertBefore(Decl,Type);

jas.